Interested in Trying Out for NVSC Travel Soccer?
NVSC is holding Mid-Season Travel Soccer Tryouts in December 2023
Location: Hellwig Park 14424 Bristow Road, Manassas, VA 20112
Dates and Times are as follows:
2015 & 2014 Boys & Girls - December 2nd, 2023, 10:00am - 11:15am Field 6
2013 & 2012 Boys & Girls - December 2nd, 2023, 10:00am - 11:15am Field 6
2011 & 2010 Boys & Girls - December 2nd, 2023, 11:30am - 12:45pm Field 6
2009 & 2007 Boys - December 2nd, 2023, 11:30am - 12:45pm Field 6
Steps to Tryout:
1. Please make sure you register for Travel Soccer Tryouts in our system...you can click the register button down below.
2. Find the date and time above for your age group and gender, arrive at the field 15 minutes early, find a NVSC coach in a blue club shirt and check in...give them your name and that you are there to tryout.
Any questions? Email email@example.com
Official Tryout dates are over BUT you can still tryout, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will coordinate a tryout session for you in the near future.
Please make sure you register for Travel Soccer Tryouts in our system and when emailing email@example.com please give them your players name, gender and year of birth to help coordinate the tryout session.
The vision of the NVSC Club Travel Program is to provide quality coaching, both technically and tactically, in a safe and constructive environment so that each player has the opportunity to develop his or her skills to the highest level of the individual’s ability. Coaches, trainers and administrators will strive to instill a competitive spirit, excellent work ethic, good sportsmanship and an appreciation for the game at an advanced level.
We instill a love for the game in our young players and cultivate that passion as each athlete matures. We build pride in our individuals, our teams, and our club. We foster an environment that allows each player to experience the thrill of competition and participation, and the challenge of improvement. NVSC takes pride in the growth of club members as athletes, students, and responsible young men and women.
Youth players develop physically, cognitively, and emotionally at different times. Long-term player development is the number one goal of the NVSC. Teams will represent the club at the developmental stage in each age group under the Club team name NVSC Blue - White. Furthermore, NVSC player development program encompasses Technical, Tactical, Physical and Psychological aspects of the game that are specific to each stage and each age group and that ensure adequate player development and progress over the entire course of the program. Each category has its own guidelines that detail; philosophy, team goals, number of practices a week, number of tournaments, winter/summer training requirements.
- U8-U11: The goal of this stage is to provide ample opportunities for players to build a solid foundation that will ensure their future success. While teams always compete to win games, results are not important. During training sessions players work on learning soccer fundamental techniques and are, then, encouraged to try them in league and tournament play. During games players are encouraged to take risks, to try out different things and to play with emotional freedom without undue pressure of winning games from coaches and parents.
- U12-U14: During this stage the pace of player development quickens due to the acceleration of physical and mental maturation. Main emphases are on the development of individual skills under pressure of time, space and an opponent. During training sessions and games, players are encouraged to solve various problems (decision making) within the context of the game or a particular situation on the field. Team tactics and various systems of play are introduced into the training program. The game should remain fun and enjoyable and players should have a passion for the game.
- U15-U18: This stage of player development is characterized by demanding and challenging training sessions and competitive matches. All individual skills are practiced, for the most part, at match speed and under match conditions. Coaches demand excellence from players in all aspects of individual skills while understanding that mistakes will happen. Training sessions involve technical functional and tactical functional training and a great deal of coaching is within 9 v 9 or 11 v 11 situations.